Friday

Cult of Sacred Whore

Hear me, O my People!
Once in India existed the cult of Sacred Whore…
Yes, once such a thing existed, and exists to this very day!
Their Great Goddess is Yellamma, and to be a Whore is a Sacred Calling.
For to be dedicated a Sacred Whore is Honored, and Respected, then and now—and why not?
For Who may cast the first stone?
And here is their poem/prayer…

I am not like other women.
You may enter in my house

But bring with you money.

If you do not bring as much as I ask,
I will take less, perhaps.
But not much less.

To cross from the road into my house
You will need a thousand in gold.
Give two thousand and see where I sleep,
And rest on my pillow covered in silk.
But only if you have the gold…

To sit close by me
And put you hand into my sari
And between my naked legs halfway
Will cost five thousand
But you must have the gold…

Ten thousand you will need
To cup my rounded breasts
And to touch my hardened points.

Only you must have the gold…

Thirty thousand it will cost
To place your mouth over mine
And paint my lips with a kiss.
But bring with you the gold…

To hold me close
And to touch my hole of love
And obtain final union
Hear me carefully
You must shower me
In a shower of gold.

But bring with you buckets.

No comments: